Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Weekend at Sunday River - One Hit Wonder!

Jeremy East and I set sail to northern New England on Friday to enjoy the lovely riding conditions that Sunday River has to offer and to DJ for the Red Bull "One Hit Wonder" series. 

I will just briefly tell you that the weekend was very relaxing and a lot of fun. On Saturday night we learned that underaged girls are in fact being influenced by such role models as Britney Spears.  It seems they have absolutely no problem just asking random people to purchase booze for them. Apparently from what they explained, they also don't mind taking rides in the middle of the night with strange kids that look like they are in the Trench Coat Mafia. I couldn't help but notice that I was deeply upset at the way they handled themselves and kept thinking about my younger sister and sister-in-law. So I explained to them they should be safer and just find a street bumm like we use to do as children. LOL

Anyways, moving along. We crashed Saturday night, got up early on Sunday to find perfect riding conditions all day long. I was having an amazing time up until some showoff (refer to Jackass below) decided he wanted to bring me up to the top of a "double black diamond". Now I certainly will not claim to be some sort of super great snowboarder. Shit, I live in Boston. I am lucky to get out of the city 5 times a season. Anyways, I told the kid to screw and we would meet him down the bottom after we took our more comfortable blue squares and green circle trails. 

That is all for now. I have a shitload of work to do. Next trip, February 23rd at Waterville. Get your shit together! Mad love to Matt F and Jeremy East. Also, I must say it was seriously a delight meeting Mary and her man. We all had the pleasure of getting dinner together and the girl has some amazing energy. I honestly never knew anyone could touch my skillz in the energy department but she certainly knows how to throw down. I had an amazing time riding and hanging with you guys!


The third kid over from the right had an amazing story about birth control. Jackass!


Sweet Jumps!

I like to call this the 180 faceplant to snowy ass grab


Cameraman: Jeremy East / Film Editor: Todd "Nuggz" McLeod

No comments: