Thursday, March 13, 2008

THROWBACK: BETTER OFF DEAD

I would like to take a moment and pay homage to probably one of the best 80's movies, EVER!! Better Off Dead was on cable this weekend... I have to admit.. it was funnier now then it was back then... probably because I didn't understand some of the scenarios when I was 8 years old... hahaha
My two favorite scenes are Christmas morning when the family is opening presents.. All the frozen TV dinners from Mom!! (something my own mother would do).. And Charles De Mar giving Lane a pep talk about skiing the K12 and Charles screaming about the street value of the mountain... HAHAHA!!
From the Lovable Characters... Lane Myer, Mrs. Myer, Charles De Mar, the Paper Boy, Ricky, Monique Junot and the Wacky Humor... (Some of which I still quote daily)... I think this movie is an absolute Classic!!
I love 80's Movies... I highly recommend curling up with some pop corn and lots of blankets on a rainy Sunday afternoon and laughing your ass off to John Cusack and "Better Off Dead."